- At least 5 to 6 years of relevant experience in India (similar global experience may be acceptable) required with at least 2 years in a senior technical leadership role providing technical input to a large-scale nutrition or public health /development project, with strong networks with government and network of development experts and researchers.
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques and approaches, which may include any/all of health and nutrition surveys, Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) for program monitoring, rapid assessment techniques, focus groups, ethnographic methods, quality assurance/quality control, diagnostic studies, participatory evaluation techniques.
- Experience in communicating analysis to a variety of audiences, and in using monitoring data to improve programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use training materials to effectively train enumerators and other field staff.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural setting with a variety of stakeholders, including government and civil society actors.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Extensive public health/nutrition field experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on various types of service delivery platforms (i.e. interpersonal communication, community mobilization and mass communication).
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data, including experience drafting reports based on both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in developing, managing and/or reporting on project budgets.
- Demonstrated computer literacy (PC and Microsoft Applications).
- Liasoning with district stakeholders and government officials like DHO, Medical Officer, ICDS officer, CDPO Organize capacity building workshops, training and review meetings for PHC & community level committees, Healthcare providers at the district level in coordination with DHO, THO and ASHA, ANM. Organize intersectional / department meeting in collaboration with District Officers and ICDS officials and a joint meeting with DHO and Community level Committee
- Organize Health Awareness campaign through Health camp Activities in Villages/Blocks/District
- Prepare and submit Monthly progress and Financial report as per MIS guidelines to Head office
- Responsible for implementation of health programs and provide progress reports in a timely manner. Monthly Progress reports of Health Programs.
- Designing of PIPs (Performance Improvement Plan), SOPs, IEC Materials & Knowledge documents for
- Health & Nutrition program.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities while communicating, connecting, and collaborating with HO and field office staff, and a broad coalition of government, and project partners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to convey a strong Health technical position for decision-making on program matters supported by knowledge, experience, and capacity to contextualize.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editorial, communication, and attention to detail skills, including strong presentation skills to report results to donors / HO / Government officials
- Competency in program outcomes design and implementation and experience in data analysis using Stata or SPSS
- Excellent written and spoken English; fluency in Marathi also very strongly preferred.
- Masters in Public Health, B.A.M.S, M.B.B.S.